What kind of service is this?
You can use this service to download materials to use in Clip Studio Paint. For example, patterns, brushes, 3D data, etc.
Although this service can be viewed in a web browser, you will need to install Clip Studio to download materials.
- If you have not installed Clip Studio, you will not be able to use the “Download” button.
- This service is translated from Japanese. Therefore, some materials may be designed for applications that have been released only in Japanese (e.g. CLIP STUDIO ACTION).
For details on how to download materials, please see the following.
How to use downloaded materials
Please check the ASSETS Terms of Service "Permitted Scope of Use" for details. Please check the following.
What are Clippy materials?
You need CLIPPY to download these materials.
Anyone can upload Clippy materials (priced up to 20,000 Clippy tokens).
When someone purchases your Clippy materials, you receive Clippy tickets which can be converted into GOLD charge codes, Clippy tokens, or activation codes for Clip Studio Paint.
What are GOLD materials?
GOLD materials are materials that need to be purchased with GOLD.
Follow these steps to get GOLD and buy GOLD materials.
- You can make your purchase through the GOLD Purchase Page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to purchase your GOLD. Once you have completed your GOLD purchase, the amount purchased will appear in your account’s GOLD balance.
- You can now buy GOLD materials. Search for GOLD materials on ASSETS. Once you find a material you like, you can purchase it with the “Checkout Now” button.
- You can check your past GOLD purchases in your “GOLD Wallet”.
- If you have a GOLD charge code, you can add GOLD funds by selecting “Redeem code” in your GOLD Wallet and following the on-screen instructions to register your code.
How to use downloaded materials
Your downloaded materials will be saved in the Material palette > Download section in Clip Studio Paint.
The downloaded materials will also appear in the Download section of the “Manage materials” screen in Clip Studio.
You can use image materials by simply dragging and dropping them on the canvas.
To use a brush material, first drag and drop it onto the sub tool palette and register it as a sub tool.
- For details on how to use other materials, please refer to (SUPPORT) How to import materials to Clip Studio Paint.
About the Menu
To see this menu, log into the service and click on your profile image at the top right of the screen.
By selecting the star icon, you can view materials that have been added to your favorites.
This page displays your download and purchase history. You can re-download materials from this page.
If a material is deleted by the publisher or administrator, the material will be marked as “Deleted".
This page shows your upload history. You can edit, delete, download, and update your uploaded materials from this page.
You can also switch temporarily uploads to published materials.
- In the "Edit” Menu, you can only edit the material’s information. Select “Update” if you would like to replace the material data.
You can also exchange CLIPPY for gifts 48 hours after the material is published. (GOLD charge code conversion is limited to 200,000 Clippy per month)
- New post
You can temporarily upload and then publish your original materials. You will need Clip Studio to post materials. You cannot publish materials from your web browser.
Please follow the instructions below to post a material.
If you select “New post” > "Materials for CLIP STUDIO series" in a web browser, Clip Studio will start up on the [Manage materials] screen, showing your created materials. Double-click on the material you'd like to publish, and select [Publish to ASSETS] from the screen that appears. This will temporarily upload the material. While the material is being uploaded, you can check the upload status from the [Communication Management] screen in Clip Studio.
After temporarily uploading the material, publish it from the “MyUploads" screen. This completes the post.
If you'd like to post a material catalog, select it from the material catalog list after Clip Studio starts up. Click on the "Manage" button and select “Publish to ASSETS". For more about material catalogs, please also refer to the following guide.
You can earn up to 150 bonus Clippy tickets once a day by posting free materials.
Note: More details here
In settings, you can choose whether to load search results on ASSETS by scrolling or by pages.
How to make materials
For details on how to make materials, please see the following.
You can use Clip Studio Modeler, our 3D material setup tool, to import typical 3D data from other software and set it up as a material that can be used in Clip Studio Paint.
For details on how to make a material catalog, please see the following.
Updating Materials allows you to edit material data. First you temporarily upload the replacement material, then go to the previous version and edit it from "Update” Menu.
When updating a Material, all information below will be edited.
- Number of downloaded materials
- Material’s Likes Quantity
- Purchase/Download History
- Your download history is transferred over updates. You can get notifications when a material you have downloaded is updated, so you can download it again for free.
- Update downloads are also included in the total number of downloads, so this number may not reflect the number of purchases.
This service has a rating system.
Publishers can set a content rating for materials that may make viewers feel uncomfortable. Please see the “Rating System & Guidelines” for details on how content ratings should be applied. Publishers can also add content ratings to materials that are not covered by the Rating System & Guidelines.
You can set display ON / OFF of content with ratings set in "Contents Filtering" in "Account".
What are limited license materials?
Limited license materials have the phrase “Limited license” in the thumbnail image.
When Posting to Clip Studio ASSETS
This is a summary. Please read the “Post and Behavior Guidelines (English)” for the full version.
Please take note of these guidelines when uploading text or images.
- Do not post content for which you do not own the intellectual property rights (copyrights).
- The copyrights for any content posted on this service belongs to the user who made the post.
- Posts must not be in violation of any laws.
- Do not post content containing child pornography or abuse, or excess sexual content.
- Do not post content which promotes discrimination or ideologies (such as that based on religion, politics, race, occupation, gender, etc.).
- Do not post content that may be offensive to others.
- Do not post content that is not related to the service.
- We cannot respond to requests to delete any content posted by multiple users (such as questions and answers).
- By posting to this service, you accept that Celsys may make changes including but not limited to altering, editing, or translating the content as necessary.
- Users bear responsibility for any content they post. Celsys will respond in good faith to precise requests from users.
- This service provides a reporting feature. When a post is reported, the user of the post will be contacted by Celsys. If you are contacted by Celsys about your post, please follow the directions given.
- Please refrain from other problematic behavior or posts other than that directly covered in the rules, policies or guidelines. Please behave in a respectful and kind manner.